Thursday 23 July 2009

Demeter in the Underworld

Ugh! What a day!
we have jackhammers outside hammering the lintels out from above the windows.

It feels like the hammers are in my head - so like my drawing of Demeter I feel like diving into the earth to shield my ears and aching head from the noise.

Still, I think they may be on the last window of our apartment now so they might be moving on soon to the apartment next door.

Add to that the fact that it is pouring with rain now as well - it is not shaping up into a very good day. It is lucky i got in stuff yesterday for our dinner this evening.

This is one of those chymeric drawings of a woman who is turning into a plant of some sort. Not quite the literal story of Demeter but my own interpretation of what it might mean.

Oops! there goes the lintel!


No comments: